New Zealand Cyber Security Challenge 2018
Registration: Link - Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two training stream: Basic Training, Advance Training.
- Basic training introduces concepts needed to solve most easy and some medium challenges.(Basic Cyber Security)
- Advance training dives into more specific details about trickier cyber security concepts that are in the hard challenges.
Round 0 (online qualifying): 18th - 29th June
- Capture-the-flag challenges.
- Available for the full two weeks (18th - 29th June).
- details will be sent to registered participants on the 18th.
- After the round closes the top 150 participants will be invited to Rounds 1, 2.
Ladies Capture The Flag:
- Ladies only.
- Similar to Round 1; capture flags to get points.
- Available after the training session on 13th July.
Rounds 1, 2, 3 (UoW Campus): 13th - 14th July
- Round 1:
- Top 150 participants come to the University of Waikato campus.
- 10+ Capture-the-flag challenges.
- Two hour time limit.
- 90% of the final score.
- Cyber security policy challenge.
- 10% of the final score.
Prizes for top teams in three categories (Highschool, University, Industry) for Rounds 1 and 2.
- Top five teams from Rounds 1 and 2 compete.(regardless of category)
- Attack/Defend (Red vs. Blue) challenge.
- Participants defend their servers from the attacking Red Team.
- One prize for the grand winner.
Location: The University of Waikato
For more updates like us on facebook or subscribe to the CROW (Cybersecurity Researchers Of Waikato) mailing list.